Message from the Tournament Director
Dear Fellow Grandmasters, Masters, Instructors, and Practitioners of Taekwondo;
It is with great honor and pleasure that I extend to you my personal invitation to participate in the 21st Annual Yushen Lai’s Invitational Taekwondo Championship.
As we celebrate our 21st Anniversary we will continue using WTF/USAT format Competition Sport Poomsae and Daedo Electronic Hogu for Kyoroogi for Black Belts. Competitors may use this competition to help prepare for the upcoming USAT State Qualifier Events and the Nationals.
As you all may know, events produced by my team are well known for their use of the Automated Match Scheduling (AMS) System. The system removes the staging area process, thus eliminating unnecessary wait times for competitors. To ensure tournament efficiency and fairness, all rings will be equipped with electronic scoring systems.
The following are highlights of the AMS System:
1. Most non-computerized tournaments use a manual method of matching individuals, which is often slow, confusing, and frustrating for competitors, spectators and staff.
2. Computerized matching reduces the confusion and delays by informing competitors & spectators of ring assignments, chest guard color, and approximate time of competition.
3. Competitors are checked-in and assigned matches for the tournament prior to arriving at the venue.
4. Greatly reduces the number of man-hours needed at the time of the event by volunteers/staff.
5. Makes sure athletes are assigned to their correct division.
6. All competitors are given “Competitor cards” prior to entering the competition floor with all personal information on each card. Information includes, but is not limited to:
We will make every attempt to make this event as fair and enjoyable for all participants as possible and it is my sincere hope that we will exceed your expectations.
On behalf of my tournament staff I would like to thank all Masters for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you again on February 24, 2018. We wish the best of luck to those competitors with the courage to compete and the desire to excel.
Yushen Lai Invitational TKD Championship